Field Support Engineer
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Fremont, CA, USA
Category: Managed Services in Information Technology
The Field Support Engineer devises and executes the solutions for workstation hardware and software issues or for segments of more complex software/hardware problems.
The position assists with the installation and support of new and upgraded workstation hardware and software and ensures its integrity and optimal operation. This position assists with recommending, implementing and documenting new hardware and software solutions that improve the computing experience.
- Address user tickets regarding hardware, software and networking.
- Maintain and deploy various desktop technologies and solutions.
- Migrate machines from Windows 7 to 10.
- Troubleshoot and resolve PC issues.
- Analyzing and making recommendations for hardware and software standardization.
- Test alternative pathways until you resolve an issue.
- Customize desktop applications to meet user needs.
- Record technical issues and solutions in logs.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Follow up with clients to ensure their systems are functional.
- Report customer feedback and potential product requests.
- Help create technical documentation and manuals.
- Support users in a timely manner and ensure daily operational tasks are performed efficiently.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform with minimal oversight.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and configure equipment including laptops, desktops, tablets, and other devices for end users; this includes hardware and common windows operating systems and applications.
- Maintain overall ownership of user s issue & service ensuring that they receive resolution within a reasonable time frame.
Skills and Abilities
- Advanced understanding and experience in installation, configuration and troubleshooting with various desktop operating systems such as Windows 7, Windows 10, & MAC OS s in an enterprise environment.
- Knowledge and experience in installation and configuration of network peripherals such as printers and scanners.
- Experience with advanced virus removals in enterprise environments.
- Strong understanding of computer and peripherals hardware. Ability to diagnose and replace faulty components such as hard drives and RAM.
- Experience with standard Microsoft applications such as Office 2010, 2013, 2016, and Office 365 usage and support.
- Experience in troubleshooting and configuration of mobile devices such as tablets and smart phones for enterprise applications such as corporate email.
Position Requirements include
- Standard business hours weekday schedule.
- After-hours project work may be required at times.
- Travel to various client sites to provide solutions is required.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
- Must have vehicle.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Highly motivated, responsible individuals with outstanding customer service skills.
- Previous PC computer/networking technician experience.
- Excellent communication, technical troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Health insurance.
- Dental insurance.
- Vision insurance.
- Paid time off.